When you join the team at B\VAL, you’re not just furthering your career or taking on another job; you’re joining a team of problem solvers and trusted advisors who understand that good communication and a foundation of trust start from within.
At B\VAL, we believe in our people. Our company culture is based on teamwork, communication, and respect. We pride ourselves on cultivating an empowering work environment so that our team members can perform at their best. Team members are encouraged to learn more about the kind of work that interests them, pursue their strengths, and develop those skills. We also offer unique opportunities for professional growth. We do our best to support, appreciate, and reward our team for the high-quality work that they produce. Maintaining office culture (and getting creative with how we do that) is at the top of our priority list – because we understand that our team’s health and wellness are critical. Above all, we’re fun to work with because we’re nice people!
Does B\VAL sound like the right fit for you? Whether you’re just starting your career or have been in the financial services industry for decades, we would love to hear from you.
If you are a motivated, diligent, and personable individual who wants to work with great clients, we are the place for you!
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Prepare income tax returns for individuals, fiduciaries, and business entities including C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Communicate with colleagues and management regarding various tax matters
- Assist with financial statement reviews and audits
- Foster and develop strong client relationships
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Prior experience with tax software and Quickbooks preferred but not required
- Ability to solve problems and make timely decisions
- Self-starter with the initiative to ask questions and seek out challenges
Education and Work Experience:
- Preference of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Prior experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company preferred but not required
- Desire to become a CPA within the next several years
- Full Time
- $50,000+ per year, depending on experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave